H.A. Kidd and Company Limited (HAK) stands behind the quality of the products that it distributes. At the same time, the company does not accept the returns associated with overstocks, product used for demonstrations, wear-and-tear of inventory or product loss as this is the responsibility of the customer. There are specific requirements associated with specific product categories when a product return is valid.
Products eligible for return include the following:
- Picking/shipping errors, Territory Sales Manager (TSM) order errors and order-entry errors: must contact HAK within ten (10) business days of receipt of order
- Customer order errors: HAK must be notified within ten (10) business days of receipt of order; a 25% restocking charge will be applied to returned product
- Defective merchandise: must contact HAK within ninety (90) days of date of invoice
All returned product must be in the manufacturers’ packaging and in new condition with no price tags, stickers or other markings. If eligible product is returned with tags, stickers or other markings a 25% restocking charge will be applied to any credit that may be issued.
All merchandise and fixture returns must be authorized by the HAK Sales Office and accompanied by a Returns Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and form. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your TSM for an RMA. Unauthorized returns will be refused and returned to the sender at the sender’s expense. Eligible products may be returned at HAK expense; in those circumstances, HAK will designate the freight carrier to be used. Returns must have the RMA number clearly identified on the outside of the cartons.
Irons are subject to a separate return policy; please contact email@example.com for details of that return policy.
Products that are not eligible for return includes the following:
- Any products that have been in a customer’s inventory for more than ninety (90) days from date of invoice
- Shop-worn product
- Books (unless shipped in error)
- Product used in classes or product demonstrations
- Consumer-abused products
- Merchandise damaged in-transit due to mishandling by the carrier (outer shipping carton damage). In those situations, it is the responsibility of the customer to initiate a damages claim with the shipping company/carrier. It is not the responsibility of HAK when shipping cartons are damaged in-transit.
- Special order products are not eligible for returns, exchanges or refunds
- Customer-chosen custom button programs are not eligible for seasonal discards or returns